How to Become a CPA in India?
The CPA exam is a tough nut that requires prior strategic planning and preparation to crack it.
Considering the passing rate that hovers below 50% in the past decade, the question of how to do CPA in India is not as simple as it seems.
Acing a single paper with 4 sections is the true nightmare of many CPA aspirants. The complexity of the exam is intended to stream candidates that meet the expected standard quality of a CPA professional.
Are you among the thousands of individuals who ponder on how to become a CPA in India?
Here are some effective steps you can abide by to make your CPA aspirations come to fruition.
1. Attend the Demo lecture of a Training Center
The foremost step that brings you closer to career success is attending CPA demonstration classes provided by leading training centers. These demo lectures help understand the significance of proper study material, the syllabus intended, and the technical methodology that training centers will adopt to coach candidates.
Contingent to the efficacy of the faculty, you can choose the best training classes. Demo lectures will also clarify what can be expected in the following sections and whether the prospectus is formulated based on updated syllabi.
Once you have a clear-cut picture of the study, you need to verify the potential expertise, the pass percentage of the training center, and the reviews to satisfy your expectations.
2. Select CPA Review Course
Review courses evaluate your performance and offer valuable feedback in improving your performance and score better in your CPA test. All CPA aspirants need to understand the key to the planned study.
Do you wish to study smarter and not just longer?
Surgent CPA Review has designed a tailored learning mechanism that prepares you with targeted study materials. Through an innovative approach and revolutionary technology framework, Surgent orchestrates personalized study plans that focus on the weightage of the curriculum and real-time algorithms. They use ASAP Technology that identifies the stronger and weaker areas of the candidate and integrates new plans according to the candidate’s progress.
Do you want to check whether you are ready for the exam?
Surgent CPA Review is among the renowned CPA coaching partners that will provide an answer to settle your doubtful mind.
ReadySCORE is a performance indicator that constantly keeps an eye on your scores. A score of 75 or above in all CPA exam subjects is considered an ideal threshold. Since there is an 88% chance of cracking the exam if you hit 75, a detailed performance report will also help you assess yourself and prepare for the exam.
3. Join a Coaching Center that Provides Practical Training
It is important to distinguish between centers that offer practical training and centers that just beat around the bush bearing in mind that there are many functioning CPA coaching in India. You have limited time and four difficult papers to crack.
Hence, brevity and clarity are important while choosing the training classes. Psychological research shows that the average attention span of typical student wane from 10-15 minutes. It means that classes should convey prominent information within a short time span. Demo classes will help students to identify the practicality of the course.
If the question lingering in your mind is how to become US CPA from India, the answer is practical knowledge. CPA professionals play a pivotal role in shaping business decisions.
Therefore, if you aim to work with US businesses, you need in-hand experience and relevant exposure to become a successful CPA candidate. It makes you familiarize yourself with the accounting industry and accumulate the necessary skills and expertise required to establish your career.
Here are some of the key merits of choosing a practical training center:
- It will enhance your analytical skills.
- It will help to secure a good job or an internship.
- Increase your opportunities by widening your skills.
- Application of theoretical knowledge assists in a better understanding of the subject.
4. Find a mentor for guidance
Source: Edmond Dantes
A mentor is the one that paves your way and guides you through the right path. Finding the right accounting mentor is an unparalleled benefit that can boost your opportunities and your personality.
Mentors help in networking and bonding that can bring long-lasting advantages to the future of a CPA candidate. They provide you with valuable insights and a career path that gauge your future growth. They provide a way out for your nerve-wracking questions like how to become an international CPA.
To select the mentor, you need to seek someone with strong conviction, disciple, shares equal passion, common-ground ideologies, and hard work. You need to ensure:
- They are willing to take daily follow up sections while you practice
- Answers any questions regarding the CPA exam
- Based on your expertise on a particular subject guide you to give exam in a specific quarter
- Helps you with time management, and more importantly
- Motivates you throughout your CPA exam journey
5. Daily 4 hours study
Masses agree that the final exam to become a Charted Public Accountant is one of the most difficult exams in the world. Stats show that only 40% of the total students who take the test will clear the CPA finals.
The best answer for how to become a CPA in India is complete devotion and finding the apt guidance!
A total of 300-400 hours is necessary to cover the entire syllabus of CPA. An average scoring student must study at least 4 hours a day to finish each complex subject. It would be best to have patience, dedication, and a personalized study plan to achieve your goals.
The hours that you spend studying depends on several factors.
- Your Educational Background: If you have possessed a basic degree, you may not have the necessary understanding to pass the exam. A governmental accounting course can take you a step ahead, but you need more study hours if you do not have this.
- Your Experience: Some students have extensive work experience in the accounting field. But in reality, work experience will do little to help in your exams. Exams require theoretical knowledge, not applied knowledge. However, it can provide an essential familiarity with the subject.
- Knowledge of Accounting Concepts: Foundational knowledge of accounting is acquired during the college learning period. These are crucial pieces of information that play a huge role in cracking CPA exams. But if you do not have a college degree, that doesn’t make you any inferior. All you need is to find the best CPA coaching in India and spend more hours on your studies.
6. Create a study plan and strictly follow
Source: Bich Tran
Devise a plan and keep your motivation indicators high. A systematic approach and an effective strategy are the most effective way to crack the exam. To schedule your study plan, you can take these steps:
- Analyze your time schedules and time management before you formulate a plan.
- Inspect your current plan, procrastination time, and plan your studies based on the remaining time available.
- You need to prepare, review and revise and calculate when you can finish your preparation time.
- Once, finished don’t hesitate to take the exam dates. The faster you take, the better you remember.
Becoming a CPA in India may not be a simple task. However, it is not an impossible one either. What you need is not anxiety and fear but determination and dedication.
When you have the right people to guide you and the right plan to stick to, the exam will pass like a light breeze.
Remember reading about how to swim will not teach you swimming. And so is the CPA exams. You need to earn your worth for this rewarding career.